I made an unofficial sequel to Repton for modern Windows but in the old 160x256 8-colour style. The graphics, sound, music etc. is unencrypted and easy to edit. There is a map editor built-in and a (unfinishied, obviously) map pack. It has new objects and slightly modified style, and games can have time-rewinding instead of lives.
Here is some PRETTY DATED FOOTAGE OF REPTON OVERTURE.
Here is some FAIRLY RECENT FOOTAGE OF NEWER CONTENT.
Here is the ONLINE MANUAL, containing graphical descriptions of game objects and explaining the controls for the game and editor.
It assumes you're familiar with the classic Reptons.
FEATURES* 32 maps with escalating difficulty
* Everything from Repton 1, 2, 3 and 4 and some things from Trakker
* Full mapset editor built in, with "undo" feature
* Automatic saving/resuming of game progress
* Automatic saving/resuming of editor session
* All lightweight, no loading screens necessary
* Instant play-testing in editor (Just press E any time)
* Can play in map-view while playtesting
* No limit to map size
* Music changes between maps
* Lots of original music and remakes of the Repton tunes
* Collectable items that give Repton abilities
* Utility objects (minecarts, dynamite...)
* Tons of wall/rock/earth/diamond/etc styles
* All eight beeby colours at once
* Safes come in independent colour-coded sets
* New spirit mechanics
* Games can have time rewind feature instead of lives
* Machines: conveyor belts, beamers, pushers, closers, telepads...
* Colour-coded transporters/destinations that can even transport you (and other things) between maps
* Doors and keys
* Message signs
* Transit pipes (like in Pipeline)
* Water and drowning timer
* Custom tiles and music easy to add
* Far too much to list here
A: For nostalgia and Repton fans.
Q: Do many people actually play this?
A: Next question, please
Q: Don't you worry that it's becoming feature-bloated?
A: Nah. There are a lot of things to play with but they don't all have to be used or understood all at once. I think I'm making the Repton that I wanted as a child.
Q: My vagina could not be drier right now.
A: Shut up! We all have our hobbies!
Download at own risk. I accept no responsibility for any ill
effect this game may somehow cause. Superior Interactive has no
affiliation with this project.
> >DOWNLOAD REMOVED < <